Head of: Nenad Cambi, F.C.A.
Director: Ph.D. Tado Oršolić
Obala kneza Trpimira 8, 23000 Zadar
The Institute for Historical Sciences in Zadar was founded in 1954. Its aim is the study of the history of southern Croatia, especially Zadar and its surroundings, with a special emphasis on historical materials which are stored at the Historical Archives, the Scientific Library and in church archives and libraries.
The main activities of the institute focus on historical research which is carried out through collective and individual scientific projects. The institute members’ activities result in their rich publishing activity. Since its establishment, the institute has published an annual journal, Radovi Zavoda za povijesne znanosti HAZU u Zadru (Works of the Institute for Historical Research of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Zadar). The fortieth anniversary edition of Radovi was published this year (1998). In addition, the Institute has published 17 volumes in the Posebna izdanja (Special Editions) series, 10 monographs in the series Djela (Monographs), 4 issues of the collection Adriatica maritima, as well as 3 anniversary and 11 regular editions of Pomorski zbornik (Maritime Themes), etc.
Zgrada Zavoda za povijesne znanosti u Zadru