Chair : Tomislav Filetin, professor emeritus
Administrator: Kim Sombolac, +385 01 4895 170, email@example.com
Presidency of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts made a decision to appoint the President and members of the Scientific Council for Technological Development for a term of four years starting from March 27, 2019.
Mission and scope of activities
The major Council mission is working out and proposing adequate activities for conducting technology policy at the national level, which, inter alia, comprise:
- Following the development trends worldwide and proposing one’s own scientific-research-related priorities;
- Developing a national system of scientific and technology-related information;
- Proposing models for graduate, postgraduate and lifelong-learning programmes;
- Acquiring and rational use of research and technological equipment;
- Forming appropriate national institutions and research-and-development centres.
The Council activities comprise the areas of sciences and technology that have a direct impact on the industrial production in the Republic of Croatia, and particularly on the increase in export and added value achieved through the production processes. Council recommendations and opinions on topical issues, which are developed as a result of public debates and lectures by distinguished scientists, are published in the Bulletin of the Department of Technical Sciences.