The catalogs of the Academy Libraries as well as the Digital Collection of the Academy can be found on the website of the Digital Collection.
Strossmayerov trg 2, Zagreb, Republika Hrvatska
The Library of the Department is open to users
weekdays from 9.30-14.30
Tel. 01/4895 197
The library of the Department of Historical Sciences of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts was founded in 1948 to support scientific work on the study of Croatian medieval history. Accordingly, a book fund was built, which today includes about 40,000 volumes of very valuable domestic and foreign publications. The catalog of periodicals has 876 titles.
The library also has several larger collections in its collection – the legacy of Jovan Radonić, the legacy of Vladimir Košćak, the legacy of Miroslav Kurelac, part of the legacy from the library of Ante Trumbić, Ferdo Šišić, Fran Gundrum, and part of the fund of the former Croatian Theological Academy. Vladimir Mošin, Georgi Ostrogorski, Josip Matasović, and the Central Library of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts and the Ethnographic Museum in Zagreb.
For the most part, the Library’s holdings can only be used in a reading room with 12 reading places. About 300 users use the services of the Library annually, and the reading room occasionally hosts seminars and professional courses in paleography, as well as the promotion of the Proceedings of the Department of Historical Sciences.
The computer catalog of the library began to be created in 1999 with the use of the valid Croatian Ordinance and manual of E. Verona and UNIMARC, and the Universal Decimal Classification is used for content processing. The library maintains a constant exchange of publications with numerous institutions in Croatia and in Hungary, Italy, Russia, Austria, Germany, France, the Czech Republic, Poland, Bulgaria and a number of other countries.
From 2003 to 2006, the Library was involved in the work on the project “Scientific Information System – Humanities Subsystem”.