Nemec Krešimir, F.C.A.
Date of birth:
Place of birth:
- Trg Nikole Šubića Zrinskog 11, 10000 Zagreb
- Department of Literature +385 01 4895 169
Nemec Krešimir, F.C.A.
- fellow of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts (05/29/2008 – …)
- doctor of Science
- Professor retied – Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
Functions in Academy:
- Head – Division for the Croatian History of Literature of the Institute for the History of Croatian Literature, Theater and Music of the CASA (04/01/2021. – )
- member of the Presidency – Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts (01/01/2011 – 12/31/2018)
Membership in Academy:
- full member – Department of Literature (05/29/2008 – …)
- associate member – Department of Literature (05/18/2000 – 05/29/2008)
Krešimir Nemec was born in Županja in 1953. He graduated in Croatian Language and Literature and Comparative Literature from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb (1977). He obtainded his MA degree in 1981 and his PhD in 1985. Since 1979 he has been working as research and teaching assistant of contemporary Croatian literature at the Department of Croatian Language and Literature at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb. He was elected Assistant Professor in 1986, Associate Professor in 1991, Full Professor in 1996 and Tenure Professor in 2001. Since 2008 he has been a full member of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts. He participated at numerous conferences in Croatia and abroad. Between 1986 and 1988 he taught Croatian language and literature at the Ruhr University in Bochum (Germany). He was visiting professor at the Humboldt University in Berlin and the University of Klagenfurt (Austria). He held lectures at numerous universities: Graz, Ljubljana, Paris, Budapest, Pecs, Göttingen, Hamburg, Vienna, Helsinki, Krakow etc. He published more than 150 scientific papers in Croatian and international journals and participated in several international projects (Austria, Slovenia, Germany). He has been a member of editorial boards of several Croatian literary journals and currently holds the position of editor-in-chief of the „Forum“ literary quarterly. He has been awarded several national and international prizes for his contributions to literary science and history: State Award for Scientific Achievements, the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts Award, Award of the Brandenburg Academy of Sciences (Berlin), Herder Prize (Vienna), Vladimir Nazor State Award, Josip and Ivan Kozarac Award for life achievement in arts.
- Pripovijedanje i refleksija. Osijek, 1988;
- Vladan Desnica. Monografija. Zagreb, 1988;
- Med literarno teorijo in zgodovino. Ljubljana, 1990;
- Der kroatische Literatur der achtziger Jahre. Zagreb, 1990;
- Povijest hrvatskog romana od po četaka do kraja 19. stoljeća. Zagreb, 1994;
- “Večernji akt” Pavla Pavličića i “Mor” Ðure Sudete. Zagreb, 1994;
- Tragom tradicije. Zagreb, 1995;
- Antologija hrvatske novele. Zagreb, 1997;
- Povijest hrvatskog romana od 1900. do 1945. godine. Zagreb, 1998;
- Mogućnosti tumačenja. Zagreb, 2000;
- Leksikon hrvatskih pisaca. Zagreb, 2000;
- Hrvatski pripovjedači, Zagreb, 2001;
- Povijest hrvatskog romana od 1945. do 2000. godine. Zagreb, 2003;
- Putovi pored znakova. Zagreb, 2006;
- Čitanje grada. Zagreb, 2010;
- Gospodar priče. Zagreb, 2016;
- Glasovi iz tmine. Krležološke rasprave. Zagreb, 2017.