Hraste Marin, F.C.A.
Hraste Marin, F.C.A.
- fellow of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- doctor of Science
- Professor (retired) – Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology University of Zagreb (09/30/2008 – …)
- professor emeritus – The University of Zagreb (04/21/2009 – …)
Functions in Academy:
- director – Institute for Corrosion Research and Desalinization in Dubrovnik (03/01/2021 – …)
- director – Institute for Corrosion Research and Desalinization in Dubrovnik (01/25/2017 – 03/01/2021)
- president – Scientific Council for Technical Development (2006. – 2019.)
Membership in Academy:
- full member – Department of Technical Sciences (05/18/2006 – …)
- associate member – Department of Technical Sciences (05/28/1998 – 05/18/2006)
born on September 24, 1938 , in Sisak, Croatia, Craot, male, married, 2 children
- High School Zagreb 1957
- B.A. Faculty of Technology, University in Zagreb 1962
- M.Sc. Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb 1967
- Ph.D Faculty of Technology, University of Zagreb 1972
IASTE, Boots Pure Drug Co. Nottingham, England 1960
DAAD, Kali – Chemie A.G. Hannover, Germany 1964
Full Professor of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology University of Zagreb, Croatia
Marulićev trg 19, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Years within the firm:
- 1963 – Research and Teaching Assistant
- 1970 – Assistant Professor
- 1976 – Associate Professor
- 1982 – Professor of Chemical Engineering
- 1977 – 1979 Vice Dean
- 1993 – 1997 Dean
- Faculty of Technology, later Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology University of Zagreb, Croatia
Professional experience record
TU Dresden, Sektion Verfahrenstecnik, Germany
National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Canada
Courses taught at University:
Unit Operations, Fluid Mechanics, Transport Phenomena
Engineering of Particulate Systems, Mechanical Separation Processes, Process Engineeing.
Particle technology with emphasize on mechanical processes for transforming materials, such as size reduction, size enlargement, separation and contacting. Special area of interest is particle characterization and influence of particle size distribution on the equipment performance characteristics and material processing properties.
Croatian Academy of Science and Art, Associate member 1998: Member 2006.
Croatian Academy of Engineering, Member
Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers, Reperesentative to European Federation of Chemical Engineering
Awards and prizes:
He was awarded with the “Order of Danica Hrvatska with the medal of Ruđer Bošković” and with “Fran Bošnjaković” prize.