Based on the Contract on the Allocation of Funds of the Croatian Science Foundation for the contest entitled Research Projects, term IP-2020-02, The Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Zagreb, Trg Nikole Šubića Zrinskog 11, announces the following
C O N T E S T
For the post of one post-doctoral candidate in the function of associate in the scientific field of biology within the area of natural sciences, at the Institute of Ornithology of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Zagreb. The working post is full-time, of temporary nature – for a two-year period, and intended for the purposes of carrying out tasks related to the implementation of the project IP-2020-02-8793, entitled Land or sea: ecological and genetic aspects of habitat choice in the Common Tern, funded by the Croatian Science Foundation within the contest entitled Research Projects, term IP-2020-02.
In addition to the terms and conditions set by the Croatian Science and Academic Education Act and by-laws, candidates ought to meet the following special terms and conditions:
- Completed academic graduate studies and doctoral dissertation in the area of natural sciences, scientific field of biology;
- Professional and scientific activity (minimum 3 years);
- Active knowledge of English in spoken and written language;
- Experience in computer analyses in the field of biology;
- The period since the enrolment in the doctoral studies ought not to be longer than 10 years (excluding maternity/parental leave or long-lasting disease); the time the post-doctoral candidate was employed at a working post of associate ought not to be longer than 2 years, or no longer than 4 years in case 2 years were financed from international project funds;
- Trial period: 4 months.
Candidates experienced in the domain of ornithology, in particular in seabirds’ research, shall be given priority.
Enclosures to the application:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Copy of academic graduate studies diploma;
- Copy of academic post-graduate studies diploma;
- List of professional and scientific papers, as well as speeches held at symposia;
- Proof of knowledge of the English language;
- Proof of experience in computer analyses in the field of biology;
- Copy of certificate of Croatian citizenship or certificate of a foreign state citizenship;
- Copy of certificate of no criminal record, issued 6 months previously at the latest.
Foreign nationals ought to enclose the proof of the knowledge of the Croatian language (level C2) in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and the certificate on the acknowledgement of foreign academic qualification, issued by the Agency for Science and Academic Education. All the candidates fulfilling the terms and conditions of the contest will be interviewed by the Candidate Election Committee. The final candidate will be elected based on the enclosed documentation and the interview with the Candidate Election Committee.
By applying to the contest, candidates give their express consent to the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, as keeper of the personal data collection, to collect and process the data for the purposes of the contest process, pursuant to regulations stipulating the personal data protection.
Applications are to be submitted within 30 (thirty) days as of the date of the publication of the contest, to the following address: The Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Trg Nikole Šubića Zrinskog 11, Zagreb. Reference: Personnel Department – Contest Application (post-doctoral candidate – project IP-2020-02-8793).
Incomplete and overdue applications shall not be considered.
Persons of both genders are welcome to apply under equal terms and conditions. Gender-defining terms are applied equally to persons of both sexes.
CROATIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES AND ARTS